affiliated websites and the insurance
Definitions"Insurer"means a corporate body or entity listed on our website for the purpose
online insurance policies to Users;
"Us "means Ark Insurance Brokers Limited, a company duly incorporated and validly existing
laws of Nigeria;
"User" means a person, corporate body or entity looking to purchase insurance through the
"Website" means our online insurance web portal https://compare.ng;
l.Use Of This Website
You Agree to These Terms by Using this Website:
- Please read this document carefully prior to using our Website as it sets out the
terms and conditions which govern our relationship with you in relation to the use of our
- By using our Website, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions. If you do not wish
be bound by these terms and conditions you should not use our Website.
- We reserve the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time and such
changes to the terms and conditions will apply to your use of our Website from the date
are posted on the Website.
- If you do not agree with the changes to the terms and conditions, you are entitled to stop
of our Website at that time.
- You may not distribute, modify, post, copy, transmit, display, reuse, reproduce, publish,
license, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of,
create derivative works from, transfer, rent, lease, sell or otherwise use the Site, any
or anything you download from the website without our prior written permission or as
expressly permitted or mandated by law.
1. Who We Are
Compare.ng is an online insurance website powered by Ark Insurance Brokers ("Ark"). Ark is
company duly registered in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and
registered with the National Insurance Commission to carry on business as a broker.
2. Our Service
- We are an online platform for insurance products;
- We do not sell insurance, nor do we advise or recommend which policy you should buy, but
we will simply offer you the range of products available to us;
- In the event that a claim needs to be made by you, we will, through our Call Centre and
OnlineClaims Notification, guide you through the process of filing a claim. We however do not
guarantee that any claim filed by you will be settled by the Insurer from whom you purchased the
insurance, nor will we negotiate with the said Insurer on your behalf.
3. What Are Your Responsibilities?
- You are only to use our website for lawful purposes only;
- You are prohibited from doing anything that will compromise the operation of our website
which adversely affects the use of our website by other Users;
- You will indemnify us against all and any loss, damage or expense howsoever incurred by us
arising from any non-observance by you of any of these terms and conditions. In addition,
without prejudice to any other remedy that may be available to us here under, in the event
that you breach any of these terms and conditions, you will as soon as practicable and at
own cost remedy any such breach;
- Where you fail to observe any of your obligations, we reserve the right to take action
you, including barring you from the website and initiating legal proceedings against you;
- You are required to respond truthfully, accurately, and disclose all facts, in relation to
information requested from you, in order to enable us to source and provide you with the
most suitable and accurate quotes;
- You are also required to inform us and the Insurer of any material changes to your details
during the life of your policy, including at renewal. Insurance is based on the information
you give to the Insurer, and if this changes your premium might go up or down. In the
that you fail to disclose any material changes to your details, the Insurer will be entitled
refuse your claim. The Insurer may also be entitled to keep any premium you have paid.
4. Where you fail to provide truthful, accurate and complete information
- The policy you purchased may become void and you will not be able to make a claim on such
- You may not be entitled to a refund of the premium paid;
- You may have to pay additional premiums under your policy to reflect any increased
risk as a result, and/or;
- You may be liable for damage or loss to a third party.
- The premium payable by you is determined by the insurer using the information submitted by
- Where you choose to purchase a policy from an Insurer through our Website, and a premium
quote is generated, such quote shall be valid for a period of 14 days (inclusive of the day
which the quote is generated).
6. What Are Our Responsibilities?
A) Call Centre and Online Claims Notification - Our call centre and online customer service care
• Handle your enquiries;
- Guide you through the process of purchasing a policy through our Website;
- Guide you through the process of filing a claim;
- Address any complaints you may have with respect to your use of our Website;
- Our call centre will be available to assist you between 9am-5pm;
- The contact numbers for our call centre are: +234- 909 000 4273;
B) Exclusions and Limitations - We are not responsible to you for:
- Any policy purchased through our Website;
- Any potential claims on a policy purchased through our Website;
- Any failure to perform our obligations under these terms and conditions caused by matters
beyond our control, howsoever arising;
- Any losses you suffer as a result of the use of our Website;
- For any losses you suffer where the information you submitted to us is not truthful,
and does not disclose all the facts;
- Any losses you suffer as a result of any inaccuracies in the Insurer's pricing;
- Any losses you suffer as a result of negligence on the part of the Insurer;
- Any losses you suffer as a result of your dealings with the Insurer;
- Any losses you suffer as a result of the insolvency of the Insurer;
- Any losses you suffer because you cannot use our Website at any time;
- The unavailability of our Website at any time or for any period;
- Any technical, factual, textual or typographical inaccuracies, errors or omissions in our
- Any misrepresentation on our Website (other than a fraudulent misrepresentation made by
- Any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that is beyond our control and;
- For any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort
(including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- If any provision of these terms and conditions is rendered void, illegal or unenforceable in
respect under law, the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions
not in any way be affected or impaired thereby;
- These terms and conditions will only apply as between us and you. Unless otherwise stated
these terms and conditions, no other person may benefit or rely upon these terms and
- We may issue a warning, suspend (temporarily or permanently), or terminate your right to
use this website if you: Substantially breach any of these terms and conditions;
- Infringe or violate or attempt to infringe or violate any rights of any other User(s) of
Website and/or third parties in connection with this Website;
- If you are using this Website to commit or attempt to commit a criminal offence.
• These terms and conditions and other policies posted on our Website constitute the
agreement between us and you, superseding any prior agreements;
- Our failure to enforce or delay in enforcing any particular provision does not constitute
waiver of our right to do so later;
- Any right or liability which accrues to us before the lawful termination of these terms
conditions shall not be determined by such termination;
- Our rights and remedies herein contained are cumulative with and not exclusive of any
or remedies provided by law.
10. Intellectual Property
- We own or are the licensee of all intellectual property rights (including without limitation
patents, registered designs, registered trademarks and any applications for such
rights, copyright, database rights, unregistered design right, unregistered trademarks,
or business names (including internet domain names) and all other rights of a similar
or having equivalent or similar effect or similar effect to any of the foregoing contained on
Website or contained in materials published on our Website.
- The works are protected by copyright law. All such rights are reserved.
- You may copy, or download the content and other down-loadable items on our Website for
personal and non-commercial purposes only.
11. Governing Law
These terms and conditions and other policies posted on our Website shall be governed by and
construed in accordance with the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
page on this website.
Your rights to your personal data
If you want to know what personal information we hold about you, we will provide you with this data.
If any information held is inaccurate, we will make the necessary amendments and confirm to you
that these have been made.